Sunday, July 25, 2010

A glimmer of hope.

I feel as if I have really begun to take control. I have lost between 20 -25 pounds, so far. The reason that I don't know the exact amount is because I started the changes before I was brave enough to face the number on the scale.

I exercise about six times a week. My fitness level has improved exponentially. Even though the level is nowhere near what I am shooting for, I am starting to feel better, and that's really the crux of it all. I am no longer winded and gasping for air after walking up a flight of stairs, or after taking a walk. My knees still ache, but not as much, and my lower back doesn't hurt EVERY day.

There are still days that I just want to eat and eat. Am I hungry? Not really. Do I? Yes, sometimes. Just not to the extent that I was, in fact, those "Snacky" days do not even qualify as bingeing anymore, and I count what I am eating in my daily calorie allowance. I like the accountability that I have created, I enjoy not being out of control, it makes me feel good.

1 comment:

  1. Go, Dani! I'm really glad to read you're doing so well. I was afraid that since I haven't been seeing a lot of postings, that everyone was jumping off the wagon. But, I'm sure there's a lot to do with summer and kids and and and....

    Oh, I've been meaning to ask, did your hubby keep up with the PX90 thingy? Has your newly acquired exercise habits influenced him at all?

    ReplyDelete